One million Victorians live with a disability. ARTfinder is a new online, state-wide directory that will improve access to inclusive arts programs across Victoria. With recent shifts to individualised funding, people with disability have greater self-determination but if they cannot easily locate suitable and accessible arts programs, their participation remains limited.
Arts Access Victoria
Amount $114,047 over two years
Program Arts and Culture
|TRUST OBJECTIVES||PROJECT OBJECTIVES|
|This grant was approved under previous grants policy|
|Rural and regional Victoria||Collect data and deliver community planning forums and arts and disability training workshops in four regional areas|
|Building organisational capacity||Expand capacity to research, identify and inform on suitable arts programs for people with disability|
|Extending opportunity||Foster arts initiatives designed to build inclusive communities|
|Collaboration and partnership||Victorian Office for Disability, Municipal Association of Victoria, local government, artists, universities, disability/mental health services and people with disability|
- ARTfinder is a community capacity-building project which will improve planning, sourcing and delivery of inclusive arts programs specifically designed for Victorians with disability.
- Researching Victorian arts programs for people with disability for the ARTfinder online directory.
- Assisting Victorians with disability and their carers to easily locate, or advocate for, affordable accessible arts programs for local respite, recreation and professional arts practice.
- Delivering Art Matters planning and training programs in eight Victorian local government areas.
- Increasing the capacity of local governments, disability services and arts organisations to plan, promote and deliver accessible arts programs.
- Ensuring regional and rural artists with disability are identified and connected to Arts Access Victoria’s Pathways Program for professional development.
- Negotiating with National Disability Insurance Agency Barwon Region to ensure the ARTfinder database will be compatible with the National Health Services online directory which currently has no capacity to search for arts programs for people with disability.