In May 2015, HMSTrust trialled a capacity-building grants round in Shepparton, which resulted in 11 Community One-off Grants being awarded. Four of the grantees formed a cohort, each submitting a separate application, taking responsibility for a component of the innovative collective impact project.
Shepparton Capacity Building Cohort
Project Shepparton Community Share
Amount $109,500 combined
Program Regional Resilience (past program)
|TRUST OBJECTIVES||PROJECT OBJECTIVES|
|This grant was approved under our previous grants policy (Jan 2014 – March 2017)|
|Rural and regional Victoria||Establish a network amongst four key Shepparton-based not-for-profit agencies providing services to vulnerable people in rural and regional Victoria|
|Building organisational capacity||Create a model to support the exchange of information and identify and deliver shared improvements to support activities|
|Collaboration and partnership||Collaboration between FamilyCare, ConnectGV, Bridge Youth Service, Primary Care Connect|
The Shepparton Community Share agencies and their areas of activity are: ConnectGV, provider of disability services, reviewing information technology and communication needs across the partner agencies; Primary Care Connect, community health provider, investigating the potential for efficiencies in the ordering and management of essential services; The Bridge Youth Service, youth support provider, exploring opportunities to develop and enhance social media opportunities among the partners; and FamilyCare, regional provider of child and family services, facilitating the development and implementation of a framework.
- Engage an independent facilitator to develop a governance model;
- Increase efficiencies and improvements in essential support and back-office functions;
- Build collaboration between the partner agencies individually and as a group;
- Build relationships with key external stakeholders, including other community agencies, funding bodies and product and service providers in areas covered by the projects; and
- Document and evaluate the collaboration to capture learnings for the benefit of other agencies operating in Shepparton and in similar communities.